Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Angles

This week's inspiration comes from Nailside.  I've really been wanting to use China Glaze's Smoke & Ashes (from The Hunger Games collection) but it's much much too dark for my taste, especially with my fair skin.  It is a gorgeous color: a very dark black/blue base with some green/blue glitter.  You have to get rather close to see the glitter.



The base coat is Essie's Turquoise & Caicos - I love the color, but I had to put on three coats for it to come close to opaque.  I left it at the base coat for about 6 hours to make sure it had dried completely, then taped off a diagonal portion on each nail with scotch tape, then painted the tips with Smoke & Ashes.

I also picked up some Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter at Lush last weekend - makes a huge difference and is really cutting down on hangnails (no pun intended)!

No comments:

Post a Comment