Thursday, May 3, 2012

Following the trend...

After a long day of driving (Saint Paul to Saint Cloud to Plymouth to Saint Paul) and teaching some technology classes, I decided to reward myself with a sandwich from Cossetta (YUM!) and a mindless activity for the night.....


I decided to try a microbead manicure - I'm seeing them all over Pinterest and they look unique to say the least.  And I'm all about looking unique.  :]

I don't think this will last more than a few days; quite a few beads have already fallen off.  But the process was simple/quick enough!

-Apply first coat of desired polish, let dry completely
-Apply second coat, then sprinkle with microbeads (I did this one finger at a time)
-Let dry completely - I find it's best to just not touch anything for 30-40 minutes to be extra sure.

I found a 6 pack of the microbeads at a craft store near the scrapbooking supplies for around $6.  I also just got a pack of Bundle Monster stamping plates in the mail today, so we'll see what kind of fun I can have with those.  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment